Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 6th, 2012

This is a letter that I wrote to the Forsythe Company.

It pretty much sums it up.


Dear Forsythe Company,

I just wanted to write and say thank you so much for welcoming me into you world. Watching you all contribute to and make Stellentstellen together was a very life affirming experience.

I came here feeling depleted in many ways and on several different levels. I am returning to my life in New York with a renewed hunger, fresh curiosity and confidence to search for questions and answers through movement. Your dedication, creativity and courage are going to give me hope and inspiration for a long time to come.

It’s too much of a blanket statement just to say that you are all beautiful artists. Although that is true, here are some more words that I would use to describe what you each embody. I also believe that you all possess every one of these qualities but have tried to find a word that suits each of you:

Bill                         theWillForsysem            brave

Thom                        smellsForWithey            vortuoos

Cyril                        imprévisible

Esther                        facile

Katja                        быстро

Brigel                        likuid

Amancio            impecable

Josh                        tensile

David                        unadorned

Roberta            viscoso

Jone                         bihotz

Pari                        saftig

Yasu                        甘い

Liz                  lithe

Riley                  mercuric

Ander                  juguetón

Thierry            généreux

Freya                  intelligent

Patrick         positiv

I plan on returning to spend more time in your wonderful presence and continue to explore and learn.

I have a great big home in New York and want you to know that you are always welcome. This is not an empty offer. There is usually an extra bed and always a comfy couch on which to crash. It’s the least I can do to repay what you have given me.

If you ever wonder if it’s all worth it or if what you/we do truly matters, I want you to remember that you fed my soul. In my opinion you are the cream of the crop, the best of the best and above and beyond that, you seem to be really good people.

Thank you once again and please don’t hesitate to contact me if there’s anything I can ever do for you.

Peace and Love

Patrick

 Coming home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home